We have finalized the new logo and are now deciding on a color palette to cohere with it. We have also finished the survey and are thinking about what to do next for our ad.
We have changed the color palette of our website to fit the logo, we have a layout already set up. We have started adding the tested hacks into the individual sections on our website.
We voted on who's main page we will be using. Our final decision was to use KimAn's website layout, but use Sofiyah's website concept. We have also started playing around with Google Sites while we wait for more information from the other departments. We are working on our logo as well as making the survey which will decide what hacks will end up on our final project. We have started finding life hacks that have potential to work, which we will eventually test before giving them to Development to add to the website.
We are continuing to add the tested hacks into the site. We have finished putting in 50% of the hacks now, completing the home hacks. We are continuing to find additional hacks to further grow our website.
We are still adding in the hacks from Research onto the website. We are about 75% done. After getting the results from the survey, each of the research team members have decided to research more hacks from each topic as well as taking pictures/videos of the individuals doing the hacks.
We have completed putting in all the hacks that the Research Team has given us onto the website. We are now trying to find a better layout and figure out how we can add videos and pictures for the hacks.
Today we have started working with our groups which we have all chosen based off of our strengths. The three teams we have decided on are: Marketing Team, Research Team, and Development Team. Every team has a designated note taker to log each teams progress within our project.
We've created two prototype main pages for the website. We're debating on which page we'll be using for the final product.
We're waiting for Research Department to send us the life hacks to put onto the website. We've also checked in with the other teams to make sure we were all on the same page. The list of hacks have been divided into multiple categories so that students can find hacks according to their setting and their needs. Each of these main categories have also been separated into sub categories for easier navigation. School has been divided into ‘studying’ and ‘supply’ hacks and Home has been divided into ‘cleaning’, ‘health’, and ‘cooking’ hacks. Each of these sub categories have been decided based on what we think is the most necessary to help each student based on our own needs. Every hack has their instructions listed in simple and easy to read terms for easy guidance.
We have sent emails to potential mentors asking if they would be willing to guide us and further develop our website. We’re testing some hacks that we can do easily, so ones that work have their highlighted color taken off. We’ve been sent the preview of the development team’s website. The visuals for the site aren’t permanent yet. Hacks that are easy to follow wouldn’t need a video to make them easier to follow but instead pictures, so the complicated hacks with many steps might have an instructional video for them. We’ve actually found alternatives to some of the materials that students may not have, like using vegetable oil instead of nonstick spray. Vegetable oil is a more common household item.
We've gotten a new and better layout for the hacks. Instead of having the pictures/videos be apart of the hack itself, they will be put next to the hack making the website look more clean and neat. Research Team has decided that if someone does not have the supplies to test the hack, or it doesn't work, it will simply be removed from the potential hacks document as it cannot be used for the website.
We talked with Coach Gary, who told us that we should start taking screenshots of our website anytime we make changes for prototyping. This allows us to have a clearer process within our final project.
After getting the results from the survey, each of the research team members have decided to research more hacks from each topic as well as taking pictures/videos of the individuals doing the hacks.
We are continuing to research on the hacks, working on finding pictures, and creating the videos for the life hacks.
We chose a picture for the "About Us" section. We decided to change some parts of the website to make it more organized: we removed the idea of putting buttons onto the site. We realized there were was a bar on the top of the page that'd let us access all parts of the website. We have also decided to only keep the "About Us" on the main page of the website, and delete the parts beneath it.
Each team member’s job is to research hacks that would fit into these categories. Part of our research is to get input from other students, so the marketing team has created a survey that will let students decide what hacks are most important/prioritized to them. After getting the results of the survey, our plan is to test those that were chosen so that our hacks will not be cluttered. Hacks that each group member should test are color coded and evenly distributed to their respective color.