In the beginning, we started out with a very basic prototype for our project, a few 2d models were drawn up. They were based on our original project idea. It incorporated many of the initial plans we had for Stylo, though some of the components modeled are no longer a part of the project. These initial designs are pictured below.
App Concept Model
Alongside the initial prototype designs, we came up with, something else we needed for our project was a proof of concept app. Seeing as a core component to the product was its smartphone connectivity. The app design wasn't too big of a project. It's only meant to demonstrate how it would look and some of its basic functions. So we mainly added in the different screens for it, as well as the basic interactable components for the app. Also adding coloring to make sure it stays on brand.
The Project Value can be found here linked below.
Or on the Research Paper
Pivots and a Finalized Model
After our initial designs found on slides 3-4, we did further research into some secondary sources. Alongside this, we also polled a variety of pet owners through our two surveys on what they did and didn't like about our product. The major pivot done to the initial design was the full removal of the remote-controlled water and feeding system for the crate. As we came to find out that it would be too costly to fit the 100 dollar price tag our consumer base was willing to pay. The other pivot we made, was the removal of any system for a puppy pad-like system. Which would have acted as a place for the dog to use the bathroom while in the crate. This idea was also moved away from when it proved too costly as well as unsanitary based on our research. Our finalized 3-dimensional design can be viewed on slides 5-8.
Linked below is a google slide show displaying the pivots and redesigns undergone by Stylo. This is mean to act as a visual aid alongside the main section, not as an explanation.